December 5, 2009

Common Threads Fashion Show


Earlier in the week, I checked out a local fashion show with my girlfriend. Fortunately for us, my girlfriend's brother was a hairstylist for the show and he sent an invite our way. A big thanks to him. The show featured local designers and boutiques Suka Designs, Fridget Apparel, and Amor Jewelry feature designs. It was a pretty small crowd and my first experience at the cozy bar downtown, called
The Common, was definitely an enjoyable one. Although the show was strictly women's clothing, it still presented some nice looking colour schemes, patterns, and fabrics. For those of you that haven't gotten a chance to catch any local fashion shows, I would highly recommend the experience. It's always good to support local Canadian designers! Above is a picture that popped up in the Edmonton Journal of us at the show. (Jane, Myself, Becky, and Morgan)



No comments:

Post a Comment