September 13, 2011

Tokyo and a little Yokohama 2011

We wrapped up our trip to Japan with 7 nights in Tokyo. The first 2 nights we stayed at a family friend of Andrea's place in the area of Kyodo before spending the last 5 nights in Nakameguro. Just a few of the highlights included yakitori in Nanba, lunch made from our gracious host Miru, meeting up with my former host family the Takaos for dinner, walking around Nakameguro, spending hours in Loft, Afuri ramen, Disney Sea, visiting a mexican soccer bar with Taka, and hanging out with my friends Tomoya and Shunkichi in their hometown of Yokohama. Cameras often did not accompany us but here are a few photos that we ended up taking.
Odaiba and the imitation statue of liberty
Meiji Shrine gate
Hachiko
Getting poured on in Disney Sea
The sheer number of cool restaurants in Japan in staggering. One of the main things I miss after coming back to Canada
The view from Tokyo tower.
Me and Taka at Once 11
Cosmo Clock 21 in Yokohama. I didn't know it used to be the biggest ferris wheel and clock in the world until writing this post.
Andrea, Shunkichi, and Tomoya. They stayed with my family for a few weeks when I was in High School on exchange.
Vending machines
Yuzu ramen from Afuri. It was so good we had to go back a 2nd night.
Two of my favourite beverages, melon soda and ginger ale. At Journal Standard burger cafe
Wandering around the street of Kyodo with no aim in sight. Writing this post is making me want to go back already

No comments:

Post a Comment